Tuesday, August 28, 2007

No. 42

Second day of school was a little different. Cupcake was a bit clingy as I left her this morning but she did great. I call in on my lunch break which is her nap time so the teacher is so kind to fill me in on what she has done, and how she is doing.

Everyday they provide a report of what your child has eaten, what activities they engaged, and what books were read.

When I arrived this evening she was chasing and popping bubbles after she came in from the playground. Cupcake was thrilled to see me and I was even more excited to see her.

When we came home she ran up and down the hallway like a NUT! We had dinner & bathtime. Cupcake picked out a book and went NITE NITE quicker than I could write this post.

Two more days of class for me. Hopefully Friday I will be able to spend a few hours in her classroom.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like a better day for you. Sorry I didn't call. I am in a bit of pain. Can't wait to see pictures of the classroom and your collage. I bet it is adorable.

Lisa said...

Glad to hear Cupcake is adjusting well! Sounds like she loves her daycare. That's great.

I know you'll be happy to finish with your classes too and then maybe life can settle into some kind of normal (what's that?!) routine...

M got my paperwork off to Russia late yesterday afternoon, so now we're all waiting to hear news from the judge.

Jane and Jim said...

Sounds like she's making a perfect transition - what a sweet girl.

Valerie said...

Love to read about Cupcake's adjustment in both your lives. School days! Wow -- she'll do great. Best thing really that you can do for a kid, both socially and academically is preschool. I'm a huge believer! But I do remember shedding more than a tear when I said Goodbye to Nick on his very first day of pre-school at 2 years old...

kate said...

how was friday? how was the end of your class?

xoxo